Project Management for AV-IT Integrators
Back by Popular Demand - Virtual LIVE in Person
Next Class starting 21st September 2022
We'll Be Back
First Quarter 2023
Session 1 - 21st Sep 2022
Definitions – Project vs. repeatable Process / Project Management
Key Project Elements – Purpose, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Profitability and Risk
- Prioritization and Alignment of Elements
- Variance Thresholds
- Project Financial concepts (Labor Burden, Markup vs. Margin, etc.)
Initiating / Proposal / Scope of Work
- Needs Analysis / Client Success Criteria / Revenue Source
- Functional Requirements / Deliverable Scope
- Site Survey / Drawings / Assumptions and Constraints
- Responsibilities / Exclusions / Milestones
- Estimates – based on Work Breakdown Structure / Effort / Cost / Profit / Heuristics
- Risk Recognition – Contingency Reserves
- Contractual / Payment Terms and Conditions
Session 2 - 28th Sep 2022
- Project Prioritization – Capacity Planning
- Project Kick-off Meeting / Job Folder
- Scope Statement
- Final Engineering / Quality Standards / Specifications
- Risk Identification / Analysis / Response Planning
- Activity Definition / Sequencing by Work Breakdown Structure
- Resource Assignment
- Schedule and Critical Path Development
- Project Plan Development / Communication Plan / Change Control Plan
Session 3 - 5th Oct 2022
Implementation (Executing and Controlling)
- Equipment and Materials Procurement
- Staging – Project Team Walk-through / Warehouse
- Functional Tasks (Installation / Production / Programming/ Invoicing / etc.)
- Job Tracking (Status / Progress / Forecast / WIP)
- Project Reviews / Issue Escalation and Resolution
- Change Control (Internal / Field Directed / External)
Session 4 - 12th Oct 2022
Commissioning / Transition to Service (Closing)
- Testing / Training / Substantial Completion / RMA
- Transition to Warranty / Service Agreement
- Final Billing / Variance Analysis – Effort / Completion / Profit
- Lessons Learned – Closing the Loop
Project Management Maturity / Culture
- Necessary Components and Relationships
- Oganizational Alignment / Commitment / Metrics / Dashboards
- Culture / Mission / Values / Ethics
The course is delivered over four weeks, once a week (Weds 6.00pm SGT) for three hours per session! Includes class materials and assignments.
Total 12 contact hours of live virtual class
Students must be prepared for home assignments
Students should join from a PC with internet access
15 AVIXA CTS Renewal Units for completion of program
Brad Malone MA, PMP®
NAVIGATE MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
Widely known for organizational excellence and project management. Managed large development and integration projects and directed process improvements as both an executive and a consultant. An accomplished author and speaker, Brad’s the architect and presenter of standard-setting management training programs. Brad has earned the Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation from PMI®, initiated and chaired the PMI Education Member Advisory Group (MAG), and is a member of PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP®) Process Audit Committee.
Brad Malone, Managing Partner of Navigate Management Consulting has successfully designed strategies and solutions that generate competitive advantages and increased profits in domestic and global environments. A focused change agent and problem solver -- especially skillful at identifying opportunities for improvement, translating them into specific objectives,
creating project plans, marshalling resources, and managing to completion. Proven capacity for optimizing organizational performance by implementing productive systems, work-flow processes and technologies -- aligning strategic objectives with available resources and performance measurement systems -- doing more with less.
Brad's extensive professional skills & experience, including:
• Strategic Planning, Execution & Leadership
• Improving Processes, Productivity & Efficiency
• Creating & Fostering High-Performance Cultures
• Establishing Effective Supply Chain Management
• Maximizing Customer Satisfaction & Retention
• Implementing Resource and Performance Management Systems
• Developing & Empowering Motivated Teams
• Managing Complex Projects & Programs
• Reducing Product Development Cycle time
• Reducing Costs & Boosting Profits
• Engineering Key Processes with Aligned Metrics through Lean, Six Sigma, TQM & Balanced Scorecard Methodologies
✔ WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This 4-session virtual course deepens the participant’s understanding of the four major management phases of AV-IT integration projects. The course applies not only to individuals in the Project Manager / Project Coordinator positions but also those in Sales / Account Management, Sales Engineering, Installation / Operations, Lead Technicians, Service and support roles (Purchasing, Warehouse, etc.) within an organization.
The course provides insight and clarity into the authority and responsibilities associated with the key roles within a project: Client(s), General Contractors, Consultants, End Users, Sales, Engineers, Project Manager, Team members (Technicians,
Programmers and Subcontractors), Purchasing, Warehouse, and Service / Support.
Includes a discussion on the opportunities and challenges of managing multiple simultaneous projects and multi-country projects and on the different facets of an organization which must be in alignment in order to gain the full benefits of mature project management.
* US$350 per person each course (No refund for incomplete session)
* A 20% discount off tuition per student for bookings made via Supporting Partners:
- AT-Vibe Technology
- Lighthouse Technologies
* Special discount for TSI APAC Hub Members
* One Free seat for every group bookings of 3 persons based on US$350/person
* Full payment must be made 14 days prior course begins
* Free subscription to Systems Integration Asia & Entertainment Technology Asia
Course Cancellation Policy
Please note that courses may be cancelled or postponed.
TSI APAC-MEA Hub reserve the right to:
amend or cancel courses
change the course duration
change or amend course structure or content
For cancelled courses, the participants will be given at least one week’s notice with an option of transferring to the next course date or having a full refund of the fees.
TSI APAC-MEA HUb will not be liable for any losses as a result of cancellation of courses.
Cancellation due to non-attendance
To cancel your place on the course, you should notify TSI APAC-MEA Hub as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All cancellations must be received in writing.
All refunds will be subject to an administration fee.
Refunds shall be processed as soon as possible and may take up to 2 weeks for monies to be transferred.
Any refunds shall be credited to the original method of payment.
For original payment via invoices, a credit Memo will be raised and sent to the company.
The following charges will apply for any cancellations:
Summary of the table's contents
7 or more days before course date
20% course fee
Within 7 days before course date
30% course fee
There will be no refund of course fees for non-attendance without prior written notification.
Transfers due to non-attendance
Any requests for transfer to the next session must be received in writing.
The following charges will apply for transfers:
7 or more days before course date
Within 7 days before course date