Project Management for AV-IT Integrators
Virtual LIVE in Person
Registration powered By
Every task in your work environment is a project, from the smallest job to the largest endeavor.
All of this work can benefit from learning basic project management skills. Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to transfer this valuable skillset to any project, of any size, in any industry. In this course, management professional Brad Malone outlines the steps to managing projects without creating a lot of extra overhead, and shows how to use traditional project management tools to help you succeed. Learn how to plan a project, manage resources, monitor progress, and deliver your project on time and on budget.
Session 1 - 5th May 2022
Definitions – Project vs. repeatable Process / Project Management
Key Project Elements – Purpose, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Profitability and Risk
- Prioritization and Alignment of Elements
- Variance Thresholds
- Project Financial concepts (Labor Burden, Markup vs. Margin, etc.)
Initiating / Proposal / Scope of Work
- Needs Analysis / Client Success Criteria / Revenue Source
- Functional Requirements / Deliverable Scope
- Site Survey / Drawings / Assumptions and Constraints
- Responsibilities / Exclusions / Milestones
- Estimates – based on Work Breakdown Structure / Effort / Cost / Profit / Heuristics
- Risk Recognition – Contingency Reserves
- Contractual / Payment Terms and Conditions
Session 2 - 12th May 2022
- Project Prioritization – Capacity Planning
- Project Kick-off Meeting / Job Folder
- Scope Statement
- Final Engineering / Quality Standards / Specifications
- Risk Identification / Analysis / Response Planning
- Activity Definition / Sequencing by Work Breakdown Structure
- Resource Assignment
- Schedule and Critical Path Development
- Project Plan Development / Communication Plan / Change Control Plan
Session 3 - 19th May 2022
Implementation (Executing and Controlling)
- Equipment and Materials Procurement
- Staging – Project Team Walk-through / Warehouse
- Functional Tasks (Installation / Production / Programming/ Invoicing / etc.)
- Job Tracking (Status / Progress / Forecast / WIP)
- Project Reviews / Issue Escalation and Resolution
- Change Control (Internal / Field Directed / External)
Session 4 - 26th May 2022
Commissioning / Transition to Service (Closing)
- Testing / Training / Substantial Completion / RMA
- Transition to Warranty / Service Agreement
- Final Billing / Variance Analysis – Effort / Completion / Profit
- Lessons Learned – Closing the Loop
Project Management Maturity / Culture
- Necessary Components and Relationships
- Oganizational Alignment / Commitment / Metrics / Dashboards
- Culture / Mission / Values / Ethics
Brad Malone MA, PMP®
NAVIGATE MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
Widely known for organizational excellence and project management. Managed large development and integration projects and directed process improvements as both an executive and a consultant. An accomplished author and speaker, Brad’s the architect and presenter of standard-setting management training programs. Brad has earned the Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation from PMI®, initiated and chaired the PMI Education Member Advisory Group (MAG), and is a member of PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP®) Process Audit Committee.
Brad Malone, Managing Partner of Navigate Management Consulting has successfully designed strategies and solutions that generate competitive advantages and increased profits in domestic and global environments. A focused change agent and problem solver -- especially skillful at identifying opportunities for improvement, translating them into specific objectives,
creating project plans, marshalling resources, and managing to completion. Proven capacity for optimizing organizational performance by implementing productive systems, work-flow processes and technologies -- aligning strategic objectives with available resources and performance measurement systems -- doing more with less.
Brad's extensive professional skills & experience, including:
• Strategic Planning, Execution & Leadership
• Improving Processes, Productivity & Efficiency
• Creating & Fostering High-Performance Cultures
• Establishing Effective Supply Chain Management
• Maximizing Customer Satisfaction & Retention
• Implementing Resource and Performance Management Systems
• Developing & Empowering Motivated Teams
• Managing Complex Projects & Programs
• Reducing Product Development Cycle time
• Reducing Costs & Boosting Profits
• Engineering Key Processes with Aligned Metrics through Lean, Six Sigma, TQM & Balanced Scorecard Methodologies
✔ WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This 4-session virtual course deepens the participant’s understanding of the four major management phases of AV-IT integration projects. The course applies not only to individuals in the Project Manager / Project Coordinator positions but also those in Sales / Account Management, Sales Engineering, Installation / Operations, Lead Technicians, Service and support roles (Purchasing, Warehouse, etc.) within an organization.
The course provides insight and clarity into the authority and responsibilities associated with the key roles within a project: Client(s), General Contractors, Consultants, End Users, Sales, Engineers, Project Manager, Team members (Technicians,
Programmers and Subcontractors), Purchasing, Warehouse, and Service / Support.
Includes a discussion on the opportunities and challenges of managing multiple simultaneous projects and multi-country projects and on the different facets of an organization which must be in alignment in order to gain the full benefits of mature project management.
* US$350 per person each course (No refund for incomplete session)
* 50% Special discount for bookings made via Supporting Partners.
Please indicate on the booking form under (Notes) which supporting partner you
have been referred. You can effect the 50% payment directly or send email to:
* 50% Off tuition fees for TSI APAC-MEA members
* One Free seat for every group bookings of 5 persons based on US$350/person
* Full payment must be made 14 days prior course begins.
Three (3) months FREE subscription to Navigate Academy Online worth US$90
ALL IN ALL
* The course is delivered over four weeks, one session a week (Thurs 11am-2pm SGT)
* Three hours per session!
* Total 12 contact hours of live virtual class
* Includes class materials and assignments.
* Students must be prepared for home assignments
* Students should join from a PC with internet access
* 15 AVIXA CTS Renewal Units for Certification holders who complete the program
* Three (3) months subscription to Navigate Academey Online upon course completion